Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Simple Overview of Donor Criteria

Please Spread the Word

Click here to read more about Pia

Donor Eligibility:
1) Donors need to be between the ages of 18 to 60. There is no minimum weight requirement.

2) Donors need to be in general good health.

The following health conditions are deferrals:

Those with Chronic, medication dependent Asthma
Those with severe back problems
Those who are diabetic and take medication
Those who have had cancer

Interested persons need only provide some basic medical information and then provide a small blood sample.
This blood is tissue-typed and the information is entered into the NMDP database. The information stays in the registry until
the registrant turns 61 or he or she requests that it be removed.

Once you are on the national data base,you have to make the commitment and be willing to donate your marrow/stem cells to anyone you may match.


Please Spread the Word

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,

this is Anant from RVS!
At present, I am trying to spread the word and round up volunteers in the SF Bay Area including myself.

Hang in there! My prayers are with you.

Best Regards

July 15, 2004 at 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pia my prayers are with you and your family. I am in Israel now for the year but I have emailed my whole address book back in the states so they can take some positive action for you. All my love,
-Liz Kaplan (Lizzie Alexander)
lizhereaway@yahoo.com

July 17, 2004 at 11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,
My prayers are with you and with your family members . i have lost my mom last year to cancer .I'll pray that you should get your match soon.i'll try in my area if more asians donate the blood sample and you should get Your match

love
Daljeet Parmar

July 29, 2004 at 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,
My name is Pia as well....the only reason that I even came across this website was because I was mindlessly searching for others with the same name. I am a 20 year old student from Massachusetts, and if I can find a way to donate for you, I will. Even though I know nothing about you, I wish you the best of luck and good health .

September 27, 2004 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home